- Evotion, HuCare, InGeno, Linari Medical and Paperbox Health are the VITA startups that presented their solutions during Demo Day
- VITA announced the 2023 call for digital health startups for the upcoming program starting in June
ROME, February 3rd, 2023 – Today, VITA Demo Day, the final event of the first accelerator dedicated entirely to digital health, took place online and at Casa Angelini. The VITA Accelerator was born from the initiative of CDP Venture Capital and realized together with Healthware Group and Accelerace, which manage the operations of program.
VITA has Zambon's research venture Zcube as its Innovation Partner, Petrone Group & SIFI Group as Corporate Partners, and Orrick as Technical Partner. Angelini Ventures, the venture capital arm of Angelini Industries', supports the acceleration program as part of the broad network of Ecosystem Partners in the institutional, scientific, and venture capital space.
The event, moderated by Francesco Cerruti Director General of Italian Tech Alliance, was attended by more than 100 guests including investors, startups, life sciences companies and industry experts and professionals. Among the various speakers were Sergio Marullo di Condojanni - CEO of Angelini Industries, Stefano Molino - Head of Accelerators Fund of CDP Venture Capital, and Roberto Ascione - CEO & Founder of Healthware Group.
The Demo Day showcased the 5 startups selected out of 120 applications from 20 different countries that successfully completed the first edition of the VITA program, receiving an initial investment of €110,000 and now have the opportunity to receive follow-on funding of up to €400,000. These startups provide digital health solutions ranging from technologies for visual rehabilitation to devices for monitoring children's health to innovative systems for screening and treating cognitive disorders such as dyslexia.
The startups arrived at Demo Day after a 4-month journey, thanks to the support of more than 50 experts and professionals from the digital health world, where they engaged in mentorship and coaching sessions, business training workshops, networking events, and working sessions with Corporate and Innovation Partners to create pilot projects to be tested in the market.
The program alternated online sessions with in-person meetings at Palazzo Innovazione, the Italian headquarters of Healthware Group and new coworking space in the historic center of Salerno, and OpenZone, Zambon's scientific campus entirely dedicated to health in Bresso, Milan.
Then, the event also marked the official announcement of a new call for Italian and international startups interested in opening a registered office in Italy which will close on April 17th and the selection process will follow for the next acceleration program scheduled for the second half of 2023.
The VITA accelerator's first batch startups that presented their solutions at Demo Day are:
- Evotion has developed a smart wearable for monitoring the health status of children by detecting key biometric parameters and offering constant monitoring, even during sleep.
- HuCare is a secure platform that empowers communication between patients and physicians to streamline medical overhead communication.
- InGeno is the first platform that combines DNA testing with proprietary algorithms to create personalized solutions to health problems and beauty and wellness needs.
- Linari Medical develops the innovative patented AvDesk technology for remote visual rehabilitation for visually impaired brain-injured patients.
- Paperbox Health proposes an "end-to-end" solution to make early identification and preventive intervention of childhood cognitive disorders totally accessible and effective.
More information on the acceleration program and steps for the next call for applications can be found at www.vitaaccelerator.it
About VITA Accelerator
VITA Accelerator is the Digital Health Accelerator of CDP National Accelerators Network, born from an initiative of CDP Venture Capital Sgr together with Healthware Group and Accelerace.The program also benefits from the support of Zcube - Zambon Research Venture, as Innovation Partner, and the Corporate Partners Petrone Group and SIFI Group, and the Technical Partner Orrick.
VITA Accelerator aims at accelerating both Italian and foreign startups willing to do business in Italy in cooperation with key Italian and international operators, investors and corporates. The Accelerator also has the objective of strengthening and nurturing the Italian digital health ecosystem, as well as promoting it internationally. More info at: www.vitaaccelerator.it